Welcome to 2012 a year of challenge and change. A year of challenge, why challenge? Because our challenge is to bring about change and this is a major challenge for us all.
“I’m Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I’m Asking Him To Change His Ways” – Michael Jackson
“If change were easy, I would have done it long ago.” – Unknown
The challenge of change is breaking through the status quo and that means your enemy in 2012 will be “status quo thinking”. Your job is overcome the Tyranny of Change, not to manage the inevitable. What worked in the past is less and less likely to work in the future. What made you successful in the past will not make you successful in the future. In short: what got you here, won’t get you there. You must turn off the life support system for “business as usual” and embrace the new realities of 2012.
How can you move beyond the status quo and free yourself from the gravitation pull of the past?
12 Strategies for Growth in 2012:
- Competitive Separation
- ROI = Return on Innovation (not Return on Investment)
- Capitalise on Markets in Transition. Move everything to the web.
- The Buyer’s Journey: Aligning with your customer’s decision making processes
- Discovering your “Inner Advantage”. What sets you apart from the rest?
- Accelerating time to adoption: Delivering the desired End-to-End Customer Experience
- Tipping the Funnel: Make your customers your unpaid sales force.
- Building 3 Horizons of Time (Portfolio thinking)
- AND Thinking (The end of OR Thinking)
- Differentiate or Die: How to avoid commoditisation
- Value Innovation: Understanding Price/Benefit sensitivity
- Identifying Next Generation growth
Over the next few months we will explore each of the 12 Growth Strategies listed above in a separate posts. So stay tuned….
Make it happen: Lead first, manage second